Stuart Meyer (CEO) and Mark Lambert (President, Sweet Swine O’Mine) – NBBQA @nbbqa
- This podcast was recorded during the 2018 NBBQA National Conference & Academy.
- “BBQ doesn’t have to be “trial & error”. Our individual BBQ journeys are often solitary pursuits and quite often we encounter questions and challenges for which there isn’t an immediate answer. At the conference, you are surrounded by your peers on similar journeys who know what you’re going through because they’ve been there too and they’re ready to help you find those answers.”
- “Successful BBQ people know that strong relationships with others who can help them navigate, problem solve, find solutions and thrive is the pathway to success. It’s also these relationships which help make our BBQ journeys rewarding and worthwhile. The relationships you cultivate at the conference are the relationships you bring back home with you which are always just a phone call or an email away.”
- The National Barbecue and Grilling Association is for members of the BBQ community who are motivated by improving the overall experience of BBQ for all people.
- Stuart and Mark are working on their mission of NBBQA to grow the membership and to get more people out to the IAMBBQ events, they are also working on growing their new podcast.
- Derek and Shawn are growing the community of West Coast BBQ. They are all about bringing the community together at BBQ events.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Quotes / Snackable Takeaways From This Podcast:
- “We think BBQ can solve a lot of this world’s problems”
- “No matter what road you’re going down in BBQ, there is someone here to scare you off your path or make you more determined to keep moving on”
- “The best thing about barbecue is there are always people who are here to help you on your BBQ journey”
- “Giving away your recipes is sharing and caring!”
- “Get involved and stay curious”
Get in Touch:
Derek Marso – https://twitter.com/MarsoDerek
Shawn Walchef – https://twitter.com/shawnpwalchef
Cory Wagner – www.twitter.com/TheFifthPofmkt
Email – email@example.com
Ole Hickory Pits: www.olehickorypits.com/
Grill Grates: https://www.grillgrate.com/
Weber Grills: www.weber.com/US/en/grills
Spring Valley Tailgate & BBQ Festival Photos: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SVBBQFestival/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1688443121186369
IAMBBQ 2018: https://www.iambbq2018.com/
Thank you to Jet West Band for our epic Intro Jingle!
Jet West: http://www.jetwestband.com/